Now, you may be wondering why this isn’t a post about beignets or Hurricane cocktails. Well, frankly, I am too. Ah, now I remember. We wanted to share a festive Mardi Gras themed Free Printable Fry Box AND Recipe!
While I have never been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, I have been there a couple of times and I am just counting the days until I can go back! The atmosphere, the people, the food… well here I am now drooling at my keyboard. So if you ever have the chance, go and see if for yourself.
Looks good enough to eat, right? The heat from the cajun spice in this recipe will transport you to the Big Easy and put you in the mood to wear (or give?) some colorful beads.
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t of Cajun spice
- 2 T plain yogurt
- 1 T ranch dressing
- 1 T ketchup
- A few drops any kind of hot sauce
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425
- Slice sweet potatoes into strips and toss in bowl with oil & Cajun spice
- Spray baking pan or pan with cooking spray & put spiced fries in a single layer
- Bake for 20 minutes & then turn fries and bake for 20 minutes more
- While fries are roasting, mix all dip ingredients & refrigerate until ready to serve
- When fries are done sprinkle with additional spice and add salt and pepper
And now, for the free download part! This colorful printable fry box is the perfect way to serve up your spicy snack, or maybe even those aforementioned beignets that you now can’t stop thinking about. Hope you’ve enjoyed your Free Printable Fry Box AND Recipe!
Need more for Mardi Gras? Check out our Masquerade printable photo booth props!