It’s no secret that we LOVE a fancy dessert table around here. And while we want all the glitz and glam of fancy, we want none of the cost. Which is why we are showcasing our most budget friendly treat to date: these Unicorn Party sweet treats.
I promise, making these ice cream bar shaped rice krispie treats is so easy, you could ask your teenager to do it! Which is exactly what I did. And while I did have to bribe my teenage daughter just a little – with a gift of the leftovers – it was well worth it to have these lovely little treats for the party.
So, for these particular Unicorn Party desserts, we want you to know that we used the Rice Krispie treat original recipe – you know, the one from the back of the box. The way we made these a little extra (as the kids would say) was to add some sprinkles right into the mixture.
How to Make Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 TB butter
- 1 package (10 oz., approx 40) marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
After we mixed up the cereal treats, but before they cooled we pressed the mixture into this silicone dessert mold, it was so easy! As soon as each “bar” was set, we popped it out of the mold and added more of the mix – just repeat until you are out of cereal. Next up, we used plain white candy melts and dipped the top of the treat bar, and sprinkled on some- you guessed it- sprinkles!
Add some Unicorn Printable Party Decorations
As for all the gorgeous paper decorations, you know we got you babe! When you’ve finished making all your treats, that is when you get the paper decorations together! Download our Rainbows and Unicorns printable party decorations, and print out the “cake pop flags”. Then all you need to do is cut them out and glue or tape them to the treat sticks for maximum adorable-ness! You can print and cut every single one of the 19 items in the set, or you can just use a couple of them, we won’t judge. Here is what comes in the PDF:
- Invitation (fits A7 envelope) +
- 2” round cupcake toppers +
- Small Unicorn Silhouettes
- Large Unicorn Silhouettes
- Party Favor bag Toppers
- Cake topper mini bunting
- Party Food Labels (tent style) +
- Jar Labels +
- Straw / Cake pop Flags
- Popcorn Box +
- Food Tray
- 4×6” Sign +
- Pennant Banner +
- Front Door Sign “Welcome”
- Full Patterned Pages
- Pin the horn on the Unicorn Game 20”x30”
- Game Unicorn Horn cutouts
- Unicorn silhouette .svg file
- Horn silhouette .svg file
Need more party inspiration?
Check out our Marine steampunk party and activities
and our gorgeous Sea Turtle party!
*Paper&Cake is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.